5.7.10

Fancy some tea?

I've always been drawn to the most peculiar and quirky things: the crackling sound a bell pepper makes when being manually broken; listening to heavily written pieces of paper being turn around in a notebook; the soothing smell of fresh basil; and, dreams of having my own house start with the purchasing of my very own fine China in hopes of hosting well-put dinner parties. Having said that, the decision of people investing on fine China has always thrilled me. Don't be fooled by how trivial the choice of purchasing place settings may seem: it IS an important decision.

Watching yesterday Mikasa's Fine China and Dinnerware inspired me to offer tea (late afternoon-ish) in the fine China my mother holds in our house. The excitement was so I treated every piece with extra care as if it were my own, placing each cup in the exact same position so it could fit perfectly into the small plates that holded each. Including the little cow for serving milk, who only comes out in special occassions!



I know I'm probably the only 20 year old who dreams of owning her own place so that she can buy China, but the thought of choosing dinnerware so the food I will someday cook can be placed on beautifully hand-painted plates is so whimsical I couldn't help but look upon THIS particular place setting, ¨Imperial Blossom¨.
Ah, a girl can dream:



Taking out the fine China and drinking tea in what appeared to be a regular Sunday afternoon just fills my old-lady heart with warmth. I'm an old soul, what can I say! What are you drawn to when peculiar things come to mind?

1 comment:

  1. habia escrito el mejor comment de la historia y no se postio..tratare de repetirlo, peor no sera lo mismo
    --------------------------
    omg i luv tea :D
    and i have to say "imperial blossom" sure fits u, i mean it is BEAUTIFUL.
    all these photos from your tea party just reminds me of Alice and i must admit im obssesed with her, so throw in a white rabbit with a watch runnin around and ill sure be there:)

    ReplyDelete