6.8.10

Let's Take it Outside

People say that the more you watch a film, the more details you find and the more you fall in love with the story, the characters and the movie itself.

While watching (500) Days of Summer (yet again), I discovered in my favorite scene of the movie, the one that portrays the ¨Expectations vs. Reality¨ Tom has while meeting Summer after the wedding, an element I absolutely loved: Outdoors Dinner Parties.

Ever since, I've been strangely drawn to this phenomenon, not only because there's just something about fine weather, music outdoors and french wine, like John Keats so eloquently said, but because of the mystique that holds the lighting, the night and the company.

While searching images that may indulge my magical thoughts of what outdoors dinner parties hold in store, I came upon these,



Mysterious, yet inviting.




Colorful and chimerical.




Who said it has to start when the sun sets? 5 o'clock pre-dinner cocktails seem perfectly adequate, if you ask me.

Now, food is absolutely important, considering it's a dinner party and all, but isn't planning an outfit far more entertaining?



Have a lovely weekend everyone!
-M.

Product Information:
Images: here, here and here, respectively.
Dress: ModCloth
Bracelet: ASOS
Wedges: ASOS

2 comments:

  1. that looks amazing my friend!... we should have a little gathering like that in my garden when Im home in December! keep the amazing post!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this post is absolutely lovely. I truly must make time to see "(500) Days of Summer" sometime soon. :)

    ReplyDelete