25.3.10

Driving Miss Ella

I've always been very specific about the kind of music that I listen to in my car, in other words, you won't find any music that I don't like lying around.
While driving around the city, yesterday, I was suddenly struck by traffic. Not just any kind of traffic, 6-pm-kind of traffic (read: the worst type)!
So, I immediately turned my radio mode to CD mode and was thrilled when some Ella Fitzgerald just popped out! Trust me, my friends, there is nothing more soothing than listening to some Ella-Ella while you're stuck in traffic (Personal Recommendation: They Can't Take that Away from Me with Louis Armstrong).
Acknowledging this -in the infamous words of Carrie Bradshaw- I couldn't help but wonder, is it then that certain artists are reserved to certain situations when talking about your car? Maybe so.
For example, when I'm on my way to classes in the morning, and the two cups of coffee I had haven't kicked in just yet, it's always fun to listen to the Glee Soundtrack, just because... oh they don't need an explanation, it's Glee, the word by itself says it all!
I think music is a great way to express your mood at a certain time and sometimes, when driving, a lot of emotions are involved.
So, I invite you, take a dab on Miss Ella when frustrated, join in to the Glee Club when sleepy and may there always... ALWAYS be some Beatlemania in your car, because what the others don't fix, be certain that John, Paul, Ringo and George will do the trick!

What do YOU like to listen to in your car? In what kind of situations do you turn to your favorite genres and artists?

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I don't have a car anymore :( But I do listen to a French pop collection on the T.

    I love that you quoted Carrie, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a car; but when I'm riding in other people's cars I love to listen to artists such as Coconut Records and Passion Pit. :)

    ReplyDelete