30.3.10

Easter Feast

When I was a kid there was one particular holiday (other than Christmas and my birthday, obviously), that I looked forward to and that was Easter. I know it may sound random that I enjoyed Easter this much but it was what the holiday meant to me. There was this tradition in which my older sisters would put clues all over the house and turn Easter into a scavenger hunt. One clue would lead to the next clue, and that one to the next clue, and so on, until my brother and I would find our very own Easter basket filled with goodies. Clues like: ¨Find the place where the king lays his head¨, and there, right underneath my father's bald head would lie another clue. So you see the excitement the holiday evoked on me! There was nothing I enjoyed more than finding surprises when waking up and that holiday gave me that thrill and emotion in doing so.
Reminiscing about these wonderful traditions I had, made me question myself in terms of what other things I enjoy when Easter comes along. Here are a few:

Ducks, bunnies and all other cutesy animals have never seemed so appropriate to have shaped into chocolate and other goodies.


Easter brunch with my family (looking forward to mimosas!)


Incorporating an abundance of pastel colors into my outfit seem ever so fitting.


French manicure.

With all this in mind, I can't wait for Easter now!

What are you looking forward to this Easter? Any special tradition you had with your family that created everlasting memories?

Product information on outfit: Top/Forever 21, Skirt/Forever 21, Necklace/ASOS, Ring/ASOS, Clutch/Urban Outfitters and Wedges/Lulu's.

3 comments:

  1. Candy, candy, and more candy! That is so nice that your older siblings played games with you and made a tradition. I hope my someday-kids get along so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the game that you and your siblings played on Easter - it sounds like such a fun time! My family always used to have Easter egg hunts; only our eggs were filled with coins instead of candy.

    I think this Easter I'm simply looking forward to relaxing, and playing with my nephew!

    Love the outfit you created - those wedges are gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love Mimosas... Great post... happy easter

    ReplyDelete