16.3.10

Hiya Papaya!

After watching two consecutive epsiodes of Ace of Cakes in Food Network Channel, I had the strangest craving for some red velvet cupcakes.

The thing is, that in Panama, I have yet found a place where they sell them, so actually fullfilling my craving would imply making red velvet cupcakes from scratch. After contemplating the idea and receiving a big NO-NO by part of my friend Domi, I decided what better way to satisfy the craving with a much healthier, lighter...


PAPAYA SMOOTHIE! It was rich and it was light and it might have given the sweet ending to an eventful day, to say the least. It's one of those fruits that is fun to say and fun to eat. So, I challenge you, next time you feel like having a red velvet cupcake, have a papaya instead, unless, of course you have a nice bakery just around your corner with red velvet cupcakes 24 hours. Otherwise, indulge in the wonderful taste of a papaya, it'll meet your expectations. Guaranteed.

4 comments:

  1. I miss the papaya such a great tropical fruit but is not really available in London... I guess you can't have the cake and eat it ! .. we have the red velvet cupcakes but now I'm jealous of ur lighter option !:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, that velvet cupcake picture is mouth-watering! Please bake me some (with Splenda) to eat whenever I get a treat from my diet!

    Papaya is great. It is fulfilling and it's a great protein digestive. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I so love the show Ace of Cakes - it always makes me crave dessert! That red velvet cupcake looks divine - I really need to bake a batch myself!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can get my hands on red velvet much easier than I could a papaya...but they both sound delish right now :)

    ReplyDelete