24.2.10

Stress Relief



I have been under a very busy schedule this week: waking up early to go to the gym, going to classes, studying until very late (under the influence of some highly caffeine spiked coffee) and helping a 9-year old with his homework. Consequently, my sleeping hours have been extremely limited. So, the day of the exam came and I thought to myself: FINALLY some rest. Only to discover how wrong I was. I don't need rest, I need to relax. The question is how?

Here are some ideas that come to mind:
-Maybe watching re-runs of Sex and The City (thanks to a good pal from which I borrowed the DVD box set!)
-Reading a good novel (Jane Austen sure sounds whimsical...)
-Get all cozied up with my blanket and watch an old film (a little Hepburn might be just what I need).
-Drinking some tea (NO more coffee please!)
-Browsing apparel online (I know I won't order but its always fun to imagine how I'd accessorize that dress).
-Bake something (maybe cookies or a pie. Yumm-o!)
-Watching a national baseball game. In case you don't know, I'm a big baseball fan. Mainly Yankees fan, so maybe I'll start to watch national games, too. Just for the fun of it!
And then MAYBE I'll get some sleep afterwards!

What kind of things do YOU do when you need to relax?

2 comments:

  1. I force myself to get off the computer, get all dressed up, and go for a walk. It's not like I'm wearing an evening gown to take a stroll in the park; but just putting on a bit of makeup and a nice outfit and breathing in the fresh air is relaxing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tea is definitely one of my options! I've been drinking gallons of it lately. Today I added a little honey into it (not even a tablespoon) and it had the slightest, most delicate taste; that really relaxed me.

    I also sit out in my balcony and watch everything that goes down in the city.

    And I also get online and browse the latest news on my favorite celebs... right now it's all about Lady Gaga.

    And most times, I indulge in music when I'm driving in my car. You know how horrible traffic can be here in Pma, so cranking my favorite tunes is amazing. Especially when I leave my iPod on shuffle and songs I didn't even remember I loved come on!

    ReplyDelete