2.2.10

Book Review

I always get this odd feeling when I finish a book, whether I'm left off having mixed feelings about the ending or confused about what will be the next book I decide to dive into. Being that as it may, I just finished ¨El Misterio del Solitario¨ written by Jostein Gaarder and truth be told, it met my expectations to the fullest. If you're into philosophy and the great existential questions that the subject evokes, but also into whimsical stories that can only be found in magical books, then this my friend, is the book for you.
¨El Misterio del Solitario¨ follows a very intuitive 10-year old and his dad through a journey to find his mom in Greece. As he deepens into the adventure of embarking on a road trip with his father, he suddenly ends up in a world of cards and their meaning, just to find out that the most important piece is the Joker, who sees too much and knows too much. I'd consider it an ¨Alice in Wonderland¨ meets ¨Sofia's World¨, another one of Gaarder's masterpieces. It makes you question yourself and decide what kind of card do you want to be in the hand life has dealt you. I know which one I want to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment