2.1.10

Damn, it's hat!

One may think that the utility of a hat is reserved for gangsters and Uncle Sam. Nowadays, a hat is as useful as a necklace: at a game, at a party, at a rock show, etc. And the variety of hats is endless, too: caps, fedoras, beret, among others. Ultimately, not only is it a statement piece, but it protects you from the sun as well.

While accompanying visitors to a few national landmarks, I spotted a very curious hat-maker in the street selling his goodies. I couldn't resist and I tried several of his hats on and ended up purchasing this fabulous black one (the one in my picture was borrowed so don't worry I'm NOT a compulsive shopper who buys two of the same kind).

Given that I live in a country where summer is just starting (hotter than ever might I add), I thought the hat was completely temperature appropriate, plus the fact that it reminded me a little of Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's and what girl wouldn't want to have a little Holly Golightly incorporated in her wardrobe. Consequently, I paraded myself around the historical streets of Casco Antiguo feeling as happy as a kid on Christmas morning with my brand new statement piece of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment